Monday, April 23, 2012

Old Economy Blues

Mike Barone remembers something about the old economy that liberals have forgotten.

I don't know how many times I've seen liberal commentators look back with nostalgia to the days when a young man fresh out of high school or military service could get a well-paying job on an assembly line at a unionized auto factory that could carry him through to a comfortable retirement.
As it happens, I grew up in Detroit and for a time lived next door to factory workers. And I know something that has eluded the liberal nostalgiacs. Which is that people hated those jobs.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dannytheman said...

I miss Bob!! He would have a good answer about this!

April 23, 2012 at 9:52 AM 
Blogger CharlieSix said...

Agree, Danny... I miss Bob too. Or as he would say, I miss Bob two...

April 23, 2012 at 9:44 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rest assured. You won't know it but he's still around watching and waiting.

April 23, 2012 at 9:46 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OLD economy is the old economy.

Mikes,
girlsteachsex.com

May 21, 2012 at 5:20 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home