Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Larry David: Scrooge!

Larry David, who is rich beyond his wildest dreams thanks to his Seinfeld syndication loot, thanks the GOP and President Obama for extending the Bush tax rates.

Taking to the Op-Ed page of the New York Times Larry writes:
THERE is a God! It passed! The Bush tax cuts have been extended two years for the upper bracketeers, of which I am a proud member, thank you very much. I’m the last person in the world I’d want to be beside, but I am beside myself! This is a life changer, I tell you. A life changer!

To begin with, I was planning a trip to Cabo with my kids for Christmas vacation. We were going to fly coach, but now with the money I’m saving in taxes, I’m going to splurge and bump myself up to first class. First class! Somebody told me they serve warm nuts up there, and call you “mister.” I might not get off the plane!

Wait a minute... Oh, I get it. He's being sarcastic! He doesn't think it's fair for a rich guy like him to pay at the top 35 percent rate. He thinks he should pay more. So why doesn't he?

The United States Treasury is happy to accept gifts from individuals that are not coerced by the force of law. They can be sent to:
Gifts to the United States
U.S. Department of the Treasury
Credit Accounting Branch
3700 East-West Highway, Room 622D
Hyattsville, MD 20782
Larry David can put his money where his very funny mouth is. Instead of flying First Class to Cabo, he can give another four, five, six or 10 percent of his income to the U.S. government and try to convince his rich, liberal friends to do likewise. How about that for an idea?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home