Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sorry, Wrong Number

Just got a call from the Bryan Lentz campaign. The conversation went like this:

Caller: Is this the Spencer residence?"
Me: Yes it is.
C: This is (garbled) from the Bryan Lentz campaign calling just reminding you to get out to vote.
Me: Been there. Done that.
C: You already voted then?
Me: Yes, I did.
C: Well, hopefully you voted for Bryan.
Me: Is this Alex? (Alex was the last guy to call me from the Lentz campaign)
C: What?
Me: Is this Alex?
C: No this is Rich Minehart, I'm Bryan's uncle.
Me: Well, Rich, this is Gil Spencer from the Daily Times.
C: Oh, so you voted for Bryan then?
Me: Well, no, I didn't.
C: You didn't?
Me: I voted for Jim Schneller. You guys got him on the ballot so I voted for him.
C: That's perfect then.
Me: Yeah, I thought so.

Conversation ends.

UPDATE: Mrs. Spencerblog just left the house to go vote. Our conversation went like this:

She: Do I look all right? Is this OK to wear (to vote)?
Me: No, they have a dress code. You better change
She. I don't care.
Me: Do me a favor.
She: What?
Me: It's my birthday.
She: I was thinking of doing something nice for your birthday.
Me: Vote for Jim Schneller.
She: Really? Get out. Who did you vote for?
Me: Jim.
She. You're lying,
Me: No, I'm not.
She: Look at me. Who did you vote for?
Me: Jim Schneller
She. No you didn't.
Me: Yes, I did and I want you to vote for him too. He should get at least two votes.
She. Really?
Me: Sure.
She. You're lying.
Me: No, I'm not.
She: Hmm. OK, we'll see.

She left and was home in less than 10 minutes.

She: That was easy
Me: Who did you vote for?
She: I'm not telling. But I did vote for Dan Onorato. I said, 'You're not useless.'

She was right. I was lying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home