Friday, October 22, 2010

Too Bad He Didn't Get Mrs. Spencerblog

My home phone rang a few minutes ago. It was someone asking for my wife. I told the caller she was working. The gentleman identified himself as Alex and said he was calling on behalf of Bryan Lentz.

Since my wife wasn't home, Alex asked me if Bryan could count on my support on Election Day.

"No," I replied.

Taken aback, Alex asked me if I had decided who was I going to vote for, I said I hadn't. He asked me if my choice was between Jim Schneller and Pat Meehan.

I said, "No" to that too.

He persisted. Alex asked me if I had any questions about Bryan he could answer. So, I told him I worked for the Daily Times and that I recently got to ask Bryan directly any questions I had for him.

Alex asked me if I intended to ask Pat Meehan any questions. I told him we already had Meehan in and asked him questions. I also told him Jim Schneller was coming in Monday.

Ok, he said.

Then, just for the hell of it, I asked Alex a question.

"Did you collect any signatures to get Jim Schneller on the ballot."

He hesitated for a moment before saying, "No."

"What do you think about that being done?" I asked.

"I think I better get on with my phone calls," he replied.

I told him I thought that was a good idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home