Friday, April 23, 2010

Spencerblog Announcement

In the interest of adding more diverse and interesting content to this site, I have invited a couple of people to post directly to my blog to make it even awesomer than it already is.

Havertown's Adrian Ashfield, a retired engineer, will be the first to join. He will post under the pseudonym "parallel."

You might notice that at the bottom of his posts it says "posted by Spencerblog." That is because we have yet to work out how to change that to say "posted by parallel," or "posted by Adrian." Whatever. We'll work that out next week.

In the meantime, he will make clear at the beginning of each post that it is him posting, not me.

Educated in England and come to America by way of Canada, Ashfield worked for a number of large international firms before starting his own consulting business. He's lived in Havertown since 1989 with his wife, Shelley, who is a logistics analyst at Boeing and, according to Adrian, an "absolutely delight." They have a 16-year old daughter, who attends Haverford High School.

Welcome aboard Adrian.

UPDATE: Also joining Team Spencerblog will be Dean Helm.

Born and raised in Delco, Dean grew up in Springfield and lives in Middletown. He's been in the insurance business for 30 years. He's also Republican Committeeman and a member of a local sewer authority. (I didn't know he was a cog in the local GOP machine when I invited him to join Spencerblog. Oh well, too late.)

Dean got the invite because he's been a frequent reader and Spencerblog commenter under the name "Jake" for a couple of years now. He said he adopted the nom de plume because his son is named Jake and so is mine.

He's a graduate of Lafayette College and done masters work at Lehigh and LaSalle. He's fiscally conservative, socially moderate, and married to the daughter of a college professor.

"That's how I peer into the liberal mind."

Welcome aboard, Dean.

5 Comments:

Blogger steve mcdonald said...

really? really?

April 23, 2010 at 1:47 PM 
Blogger Spencerblog said...

Yeah, really. Why, you want in?

April 23, 2010 at 5:16 PM 
Blogger Cousin Sue said...

Gil, Gil, Gil...I can't believe you have made Dean Helm (or "The Great Pontificator" as I call him - one of many names I call him) as a blog contributor. You really should have checked with me first. I have been a neighbor of Dean's for 20 years. He drinks my beer, makes fun of my lawn, and bribes me to take his wife out for "Girls' Nights" so he won't have to treat her to dinner for little things like...oh, I don't know...their WEDDING ANNIVERSARY! Why oh why would a man like you reward a neanderthal like that?! Oh wait, I think I just answered my own question.

April 26, 2010 at 10:07 AM 
Blogger jake said...

See Gil, I told you we would have blog groupies in no time.

April 26, 2010 at 12:40 PM 
Anonymous ouedkniss said...

Excellent point de vue que je partage en tout points.

October 24, 2012 at 4:07 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home