Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Vick Report

Just watched Michael Vick on 60 Minutes. He said all the right things and the people who are sticking up for him, including the head of the SPCA, were impressive.

James Brown asked all the tough and right questions. Vick didn't evade or spin. He took responsibility for what he did, said he was wrong and seems to believe it.

Vick convinced me he deserves a second chance to play in the NFL. He didn't convince Mrs. Spencerblog, but she was never much of an Eagle fan anyway.

UPDATE/Correction: It wasn't the head of the SPCA, it was the head of the Humane Society of the United States.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering how you were going to weigh in on this.

I too watched 60 minutes and Mr. Vick did a fine job regurgitating the answers his lawyers and public relations people coached him on for the past year. His body language did not convince me that he was repentant or that he truly understands why what he did was wrong. If I had done what he did, I would lose my license to practice forever. It comes under moral turpitude. An inherent baseless, vileness, depravity.

It is time to draw the line. There are consequences to your actions and you do not get a second chance just because you can throw a football. You have to earn that chance. Dog fighting and other forms of animal cruelty is depravity. And I am a 40 year Eagles fan who wants to win just like everyone else, but not this way. Mr. Vick should sit out this season and redeem himself. Maybe taking a full time job at the Philadelphia SPCA caring for the abused animals they get. Maybe then he'll understand why it was wrong. I'm sure the Eagles organization could afford to front his salary and take the tax right off as a charitable donation.

The Daily Times has written about the two cats who were abused in delco recently. This is where dog fighters begin. Mr. Vick said himself in the interview that as a young child he saw others fight dogs and they didn't think it was wrong, so he didn't either.

I personally can't in all good conscience watch or root for the Eagles this year. I'm going to have to get my football fix from Pittsburg.

August 17, 2009 at 4:53 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home