Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Arlen Specter: Hilarious Hypocrite

Ramesh Ponnuru provides a transcript of Specter's remarks after Sen. Jim Jeffords left the Republican Party to caucus with Democrats.

Money Q:
When I first ran in 1980, Congressman Bud Shuster sponsored a fundraiser for me in Altoona where Congressman Jack Kemp was the principal speaker. When some questions were raised as to my political philosophy, Congressman Shuster said my most important vote would be the organizational vote. From that day to this, I have believed that the organizational vote belonged to the party which supported my election.

When the Democrats urged me to switch parties some time ago, I gave them a flat ``no.'' I have been asked in the last several days if I intended to switch parties. I have said absolutely not.

Read the whole thing.

To Chait's "unprincipled hack" add "hilariously hypocritical, unprincipled hack."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home