Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Gay Man Who Gets It

A self-described "dumb gay American" takes on anti-Catholic bigots, Moveon.org, Islamic supremacists, and liberal PC idiocy.

He knows who his (and our) real enemies are.

Money Q:

"I have since met real people who identify as Republicans and even Christians – the religion we are constantly warned (despite plenty of evidence to the contrary) is the worst, most dangerous in the world. I have been in the dreary Catholic church of my partner’s parents. And guess what. I’ve never felt more welcome, even as an openly gay man there with my partner. I have no interest in Catholicism or going to church. And I’m sure underneath, the church folk do not fully approve of how we live. Maybe some do. But newsflash: I don’t have to approve of how they live either. And none of us is killing the other. They are not the enemy."

Read the whole thing. It's long but worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home