Monday, July 7, 2008

Ambassador Greenberg, I Presume...

In the whirl of last week's atoning for America's sin of electing George Bush president, I forgot to post this e-mail from Carrie Fischer Lepore, Director of Communications, PA Treasury Department.

It came in response to my print column about Janet Greenberg, a widow from Broomall, who goes through the state's gigantic list of unclaimed property and calls would-be beneficiaries to let them know they may have money waiting for them.

Here it is:

Good morning, Gil! What a wonderful, charming story! I loved it!

Treasurer (Robin) Wiessmann was so touched by Ms. Greenberg's work, that we're going to make her an "ambassador to Unclaimed Property" or something like that.

I would ask you for her contact information, by in the spirit of the story, I'll look
her up in the telephone book!

Thanks for bringing Janet to our attention.

Carrie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home