Wednesday, April 2, 2008

All Obama All the Time

Couldn't resist seeing Obama over at Strath Haven High. Talked to a number of nice kids over there. Surprisingly discerning, even the "Marxist."

More tomorrow in a special Thursday print column. Look for it in newsstands everywhere.

75 cents. Still cheap.

UPDATE: Left out of the column were comments by Hillary supporters Diane Gardner, Letitia Jeavons and Bonnie Kaplan. They and about a dozen others were also in Media just before noon trying to drum up honks for Hillary at the corner of State Street and Providence Road and take some of the thunder out of Obama's visit.

"I thought I'd be fine with either one," said Kaplan about the two Democratic candidates, "but the more I learned about Obama..." the more "naive" he seemed to be.

Jeavons echoed Kaplan.

"I was initially undecided. The more I read, I realized Obama is really naive and more of a gamble, not having much experience."

Diane said simply, "I think we're ready for a woman in the White House. We've had too many men mess things up."

Then she confided, "we've been working for Joe Sestak too."

7 Comments:

Blogger steve mcdonald said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 2, 2008 at 6:24 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Letitia is a kind, sensitive person. Don't pick on people just because they are quirky. "Moronic" is just mean, and makes you look like a jerk.

Remember, these are real people you are talking about here. I don't support Hillary, but she has a right to her opinion.

April 2, 2008 at 10:46 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, one other thing. Did it ever occur to you that somebody that plays the flute and lives in an apartment might actually need to know how a noise ordinance might affect her? Laws affect people, and people usually want to know "how will it affect me."

I was not at the meeting that you cite, but you're really coming across as cold-hearted, dude.

April 2, 2008 at 11:24 PM 
Blogger steve mcdonald said...

OK, question was made in public, so it's public information. I found it to be ridiculous. Why not ask about sneezing while you're at it?

April 3, 2008 at 8:51 AM 
Blogger steve mcdonald said...

For you, captain anonymous, I deleted the comment, but the original question was one of the most ridiculous I've ever heard

now reveal yourself before I bring it back!

April 3, 2008 at 8:57 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the law leads to ridiculous questions, then maybe it is the law that is ridiculous.

I agree that a Borough Council meeting is not the place to ask a question like that - better to direct it to the Borough office staff. That is true unless the Council was debating enactment of the law at that meeting, in which case the question demonstrates my point that laws affect people, and Council needs to consider that when they discuss enactment.

I'll stay anonymous, thank you. Suffice it to say that I am an elected official, and I run into Lititia a few times a year. She is a very sensitive young woman who is trying to find her way in a tough world. It is so sad that her parents moved away, because she could clearly use their help at this stage of her life.

She does tend to ask questions without realizing the appropriate social context. You see that as a moronic annoyance. I see it as a cry for help.

April 3, 2008 at 1:34 PM 
Blogger steve mcdonald said...

C. Scott Shields, is that you?

Steve "Mr. Freeze/Mr. Typical White Person" McDonald

April 3, 2008 at 2:04 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home