Thursday, March 6, 2008

Nick Picozzi, R.I.P.

I've always loved the line about what makes firefighters so special: "As we run out, they run in."

As tributes go, they don't get much better than Chief Fuller's in today's paper:

"Chief Ray Fuller said the firefighter was “one of his best,” tackling any task that needed his attention. On Wednesday, that meant suppressing a fire that engulfed a home in Upper Chichester.
“When that whistle blows, keeping Nick on the truck is impossible. He lived and breathed for the fire service,” said Fuller at an afternoon press conference at the Lower Chichester Municipal Building.
“I can’t explain this tragic loss,” said Fuller, standing in front of a podium in full-dress uniform, his emotions showing clearly on his face. “He was one of our better firefighters. I’m a father, too. As far as I’m concerned, today I lost one of (my children). Nick was like a son to me.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home