Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mamet: I'm a Born-Again, Thoughtful Progressive

Playwrite David Mamet announces to the world that he is no longer a "Brain-Dead Liberal."

Too often, he writes, government intervention in the lives of its citizens leads to "sorrow."

Money Q:

"I began reading not only the economics of Thomas Sowell (our greatest contemporary philosopher) but Milton Friedman, Paul Johnson, and Shelby Steele, and a host of conservative writers, and found that I agreed with them: a free-market understanding of the world meshes more perfectly with my experience than that idealistic vision I called liberalism."

Take heart Democrats. At least, he still hates Bush.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

“Brain-Dead Liberal” is a redundancy. Kinda like "short midget".

March 13, 2008 at 10:26 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home