Friday, February 29, 2008

A Kick in the Head: Part II

My print column on the Chester soccer deal is up. Sorry, I couldn't be more enthusiastic.

I gotta' admit though, the the MLS put on a pretty slick show. And I hope I'm wrong about the league's chances for success in Chester.

But if the public investment does work out, I promise not to be one of those carpers who says, "Yeah, but look at the neighborhood nearby. It didn't lift all boats like it was supposed to."

One thing that didn't make the column was Rep. Thaddeus Kirkland's line thanking Gov. Rendell for coming to Chester so often and everytime with a "pocketful of money." (I'm quoting from memory.)

Remember where that money comes from. Somebody's else's pocket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home