Thursday, February 28, 2008

Ain't This A Kick in the Head

I'll be headed down to the big ceremony announcing the coming of professional soccer to Chester and the building of the new soccer stadium shortly.

In the meantime, I'm was trying to think what would be a good name for the team and their stadium. So far I've come up with... The Pennsylvania Taxpayer Screw-Jobs, for the team. And Boondoggle Park for the field.

But then I talked Andy Reilly who tried to convince me the financials of the deal really are actually pretty good. I'll go into all that in my print column tomorrow.

For now, it appears professional soccer is coming to Chester along with something close to a half a billion dollars in waterfront development.

That can't be all bad.

UPDATE: Can it? Read tomorrow's column

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home