Thursday, November 8, 2007

Physician, Heal Thyself

Dr. Stephen Pilder of Ridley Park has a letter in today's Daily Times applauding Rep. Pete Stark, D-Cal., "not only for his honesty, but for his choice words in rebuking a president who thinks he is an anointed Emperor."

Dr. Pilder continues, "It is high time our representatives in Congress start to represent us. (I'm up to my eyeballs in phony lip service.

"I thank Pete Stark for his comments. They are a breath of fresh air."

Pilder conveniently left out what Rep. Stark said on the floor of the House of Representatives (and later apologized for).

Here it is:

"You don't have money to fund the war or children. But you're going to spend it to blow up innocent people if we can get enough kids to grow old enough for you to send to Iraq to get their heads blown off for the president's amusement."

As I said, Stark apologized. And here that is:

"I want to apologize first of all to my colleagues, many of whom I have offended, to the president. his family, to the troops that may have found (offense) in my remarks as were suggested in the motion that we just voted on, and I do apologize. ... With this apology I will become as insignificant as I should be and we can return to the issues that do divide us but that we can resolve."

And after saying that he walked to the Democratic side of the chamber and stood sobbing while fellow Democrats gathered around him.

Whether Stark was crying from shame or for some other reason I don't know.

But I will say this. For what Stark said he should not be thanked. And unless Stark is a disingenuous liar, he would agree.

I googled Dr. Pilder's name and I find that he is a very well-educated medical researcher who does a lot of his research on mice.

If some PETA activist started picketing his lab and suggested he played with mice and killed them for his own amusement, Dr. Pilder might be a little offended. At the very least he would think the PETA nut was a NUT!

And he would be right.

To suggest that any American president would send American soldiers into battle for his own "amusement" is idiotic and lame beyond belief.

Dr. Pilder may be a smart guy but he appears to be suffering from Bush Derangement Syndrome.

There's a lot of it going around. And its symptoms aren't pretty.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who else is sick and tired of the Angry Liberal Hurt Feelings crowd and their cheap and petty attacks dividing our country?
They pull this sort of crap and then turn around and weep about how the rest of the world views us. Gimme a break. They are the problem.

November 9, 2007 at 2:50 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He will henceforth be known as Dr. Feelgood.

What kind of doctor is this guy anyway? He's like Dr Kevorkian to the American Patriotic spirit. If we were still in the 80's people would call him a "Commie".

November 9, 2007 at 11:16 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home